An upset stomach is a frequent disease nowadays. Its symptoms are abdominal pain, swelling, nausea, heartburn. This condition occurs when you overeat or consume certain foods, but it can also be caused by a medical problem. We offer you to learn how to get rid of an upset stomach with home remedies.
If you have problems with digestion, do not worry about it. For most people this problem can be of a functional nature. This suggests that all internal organs are in perfect order, and disturbances can be caused by stress, by a multitude of fatty foods eaten, by a poor diet or by overeating.
This concept is called an upset stomach, the treatment of which can have different directions and affect exactly the cause that has arisen. So, let’s look at 21 home remedies to soothe an upset stomach at home without any problems or side effects:
1. Drinking water. Drink water in small sips to wash food from your body. Try not to drink water or tea in large sips, so this can cause even more discomfort in the stomach. Nevertheless, if you drink liquids all day, you can calm and purify the stomach.
2. Avoiding lying down. Lying can worsen symptoms, as stomach acid rises higher up your esophagus.
3. Ginger. Adding ginger to tea is very effective.
4. Mint. An upset stomach caused by nervous shock can be cured by mint tea.
5. Taking a warm bath or using a heating bag. Warmth can remove painful sensations.
6. BRAT diet. It means Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast. Eat these foods and you will forget about an upset stomach.
7. Avoiding smoking and drinking alcohol. Constant opening of the airways before, during and after meals can cause acid reflux and indigestion. Quitting smoking can completely save you from this problem. Alcohol causes frustration and fill the stomach with liquids that are difficult to digest.
8. Avoiding difficult-to-digest foods. Replace fatty or processed foods with foods high in protein. Fresh vegetables and fruits and whole grains in reasonable quantities will help your whole digestive system.
9. Lime or lemon juice, baking soda, and water. Mix these three ingredients to get an excellent remedy neutralizing bile acids and reducing acidity in the stomach.
10. Cinnamon. It extinguishes increased acidity, diarrhea and morning sickness. It is effective in case of stomach upset, diarrhea and vomiting.
11. Cloves. It helps cure indigestion, get rid of worms and various fungal diseases.
12. Cumin. This remedy has great properties against all kinds of digestive problems, various abdominal pains, flatulence, heartburn, overeating, diarrhea (even when it is associated with vomiting) and constipation
13. Fig. This fruit contains a certain amount of lemon, oxalic and glyceric acid. Due to this property, it treats an upset stomach, as it fights the pathogenic flora. There is a lot of iron and copper, so it is able to improve the regeneration of tissues. Those who want to keep their youth longer, should eat fresh figs.
14. Aloe juice. Aloe juice improves digestive functions, has a bactericidal, antiviral and antifungal action, an ideal medication for the normalization of the motor and the digestive system.
15. Yarrow. It reduces the level of toxins in the body, increases immunity. Reduces the aggressiveness of gastric juice.
16. Basil. Fresh basil leaves can alleviate the condition with flatulence, bloating and increased gas production. In the Mediterranean countries, infusion of basil is given to small children against intestinal colic.
17. Licorice. It has an antihistamine effect, so its use is effective in diseases of the stomach and intestines.
18. Spearmint. Tea with spearmint will calm the whole digestive system.
19. Rice. Decoction of rice is very effective in case of an upset stomach. Rinse rice and cook it: 5 parts of water for one part of rice. After cooking, drain and cool the liquid. Take at least 2 liters of it a day. In the period of treatment it is also useful to eat rice.
20. Coconut water. Lauric acid, a constituent of coconut water, helps fight against gastrointestinal infections and normalizes the work of the stomach. Coconut water is used to treat all sorts of stomach diseases associated with stomach upset, and constipation, intestinal worms and even dysentery. Coconut water is also offered to patients suffering from diarrhea.