SOUTHWESTERN CHOPPED SALAD WITH CILANTRO LIME DRESSING
yield: 2 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
A tex-mex style salad with an incredibly creamy Greek yogurt cilantro dressing!
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup tortilla strips, for garnish
FOR THE CILANTRO LIME DRESSING
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- To make the cilantro lime dressing, combine cilantro, Greek yogurt, garlic, lime juice and salt in the bowl of a food processor. With the motor running, add olive oil and vinegar in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with tomatoes, corn, black beans and cilantro. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Stir in avocado.
- Serve immediately, garnished with tortillas trips, if desired.
Nutrition FactsServing SizeServings Per Container 2
Amount Per ServingCalories 593.4Calories from Fat 393.3% Daily Value*Total Fat 43.7g67%Saturated Fat 6.2g31%Trans Cholesterol 2.4mg1%Sodium 388.2mg16%Total Carbohydrate 43.1g14%Dietary Fiber 15.9g64%Sugars 7.1gProtein 15.3g31%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.